Social Science

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spanking Debate: Pros?

Ok, so for my civics class I have to debate about if spanking should be used or not and I have to do both sides of the case. I got all my points for why people shouldn't use spanking as a way of discipline but I'm having a hard time finding points for why spanking is good since I really don't agree with spanking. Can I get some help?



The benefits of spanking, and in fact, any form of corporal punishment, are limited and outweighed by the negative consequences. It is effective for establishing the parent as the authority figure, and it can stop behaviors from the child. The child may attribute the unpleasant consequence of spanking to the negative behavior, and thus spanking can result in conditioning.




um, you can get your kids to obey you for once

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Science